The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Have mercy, Lord. Clear me from hidden and unconscious faults. Forgive me for the sins of omission. For I am very much aware that no one can discern completely one’s own lapses and errors. Have mercy, Lord, upon the people of our nation and of the whole world. Bring them conviction of their sins, repentance, and healing. Heal our country and our planet, God Almighty. Visit us with your surprising grace. Thank you for calling us in Christ into your Kingdom, and for the peace you give us that we are under your care, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, One God now and forever. Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Our message for the month is “Seven days without prayer makes one weak”
Continue praying for our congregation:
- Henry and Minnie
- Cathy and Linda
1 John 5:13-15 – I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life, This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of him.
As well as praying for our brother and sisters, there is so much going on around us for which we should be praying! Here are a few suggestions for this week:
- Prayer of praise for some improvement in Thelma’s health.
- Prayer of praise for all that our leaders are doing to combat the pandemic and keep all safe.
- Pray for the homeless and hungry, and that they seek out shelter and missions that are there to assist them.
- Pray for our church and congregation.
- Pray for all who maintain our church building during this time .
- Pray for lost souls who need the saving grace only our God can give.
- Pray for safety of all children and spiritual guidance.
- Pray for families to continue to read the bible.
- Praise our Almighty Father for the privledge we have prayer to communicate with him and receive his love and forgiveness.
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.