The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Holy Spirit of God, bless me now as I enter the sanctuary. Pray with me with groans that words cannot express. Help me to worship in spirit and in truth! O Lord, have mercy! Teach me how to pray and help me to walk in your ways. Give to my soul the nourishment and the grace it needs to be well and to grow strong, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, One God now and forever, Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Message of the month: “Let the son shine in.”
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Faith Reformed church. I have listed some names to pray blessing on.
Meditation, prayer, what a privilege to be with our Lord. Quiet meditation, when everything is quiet and we’re lost in meditation, our soul is then preparing for a deeper dedication.
Psalm 119:97 – Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.
Today close out the noise of everyday living and listen to that hushed voice deep within. Meditate in silence.
We pray for each other in times of need and praise. I have listed names of our brothers and sisters that we can pray for. Thankfulness and blessings, yes, for each other.
- Sue and Matthew
- Martha and Dwight
Our world, community and homes need prayer. I have composed a list of considerations that you may choose from in your daily prayers.
- Our God to settle restless and worried minds.
- World leaders, to trust in God.
- Other nations suffering due to covid, Brazil, India, Africa, and Malaysia
- People of Myanmar, suffering due to military coup.
- Persecuted Christians around the world.
- Indigenous people mourning the loss of so many little children.
- Those who are in abusive relationships.
- Those with minds consumed with racism.
- A forgiving heart.
- Children of Faith Reformed to be safe through the summer holiday time.
- Lost souls.
- The homeless and hungry. Thankful for organizations that provide them with needs.
- Safety for migrant workers.
- Safety for all olympians.
- Blessings on our elderly community.
- A safe holiday for Pastor Ricardo and Lilia.
- Forgiveness of sin and Jesus Christ.
- Family unity and prayer.
- All our individual blessings.
- That the Holy Spirit lead us to what God wants for us.
- Blessings on our neighbours.
- Each of us to accept the different cultures in our world with respect.
- Farmers and the drought out west.
- Healing mercies to those suffering with illness, physical, mental and or addictions of any kind.
- Heavenly Father to bless the world.
- Knowledge and discernment for the young (teens)
Children do learn by example. A family time of prayer is beneficial to all. I have a prayer you can use and teach the children.
“Start your day with Christ”
Bless all the families. The fathers, mothers, sons and daughters and all who belong to them. For in family we find comfort. Families are the centre of love. Bring peace and harmony to all the
families in your dominion. Amen🙏
Quiet meditation time, seek a deeper time with the Lord. I have a scripture for all to meditate on.
Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
My prayer for you is to love one another and be filled with joy and peace, overflow! Always remember that God loves you, always. Say a little prayer and all will be well.❤️
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.