The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Father in heaven, I am grateful to be your child. There is nothing better than knowing that your loving-kindness is ever-present. Day by day I am becoming more impacted by this amazing truth. Father of grace, may I grow in grace before your eyes, till I reach the perfect spiritual maturity of Christ Jesus my Lord, full of peace, love, and joy, by the power of your Spirit who lives within me. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Spring, a time of renewal. We see it all around us. The trees have blossomed, flowers out in radiant colours, lawns emerald green and birds nesting. How glorious are God’s creations, and how thankful we are. Pray and thank our creator for each day we have to enjoy all of this.
Apple blossoms bursting wide now beautify the tree and make a springtime picture that is beautiful to see. Today enumerate the various hues and colour gradations in the springtime scenes that you observe and marvel at the originality and creativity in God’s works.
Psalm 104:1,13 – 1 O Lord my God, you are very great……13 the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.
This months message: “Do not ask God to bless you only, but ask how you can be a blessing.”
We thank God for our church family and our Pastor Gouvea and Lilia. We are blessed in so many ways. I have chosen some of our brothers and sisters to add to our prayer lists.
- Margaret and Jerry
The world God created is beautiful, but there are so many concerns and crisis all around the world. I have listed some thoughts that need prayer. Some may be added to your daily prayers.
- People of India and those in mourning due to pandemic deaths.
- People of Myanmar and the military coup, many deaths.
- People of Israel and Palestine presently in combat. May solutions happen.
- People In Brazil affected by the pandemic.
- People of Nigeria terrorized by Boko Haram.
- Women and children of Afghanistan, terrorized by the Taliban.
- All essential workers.
- Those caring for loved ones at home.
- The elderly of Faith Reformed and our community.
- Children around the world. Those that suffer hunger, abuse or any crisis situations.
- Faith Reformed children’s bible studies.
- Those recovering from illness or other health crisis.
- Those who do not know Jesus.
- Thankful for the Holy Spirit who comforts, leads, and counsel us.
- For family unity.
- That we may be sensitive to others needs.
- Missionary work.
- Thankful for the privilege of prayer.
- Thankful for the forgiveness of sin.
- Our blessings in life.
- Thankful for our friends and neighbours.
- Blessings on Canada, and all other nations.
- Our leaders and police force.
- Our military.
Scripture to meditate on:
Jeremiah 14:22 – Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is you, O Lord our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.
Proverbs 3:7,8 – 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Love the Lord God with all your heart. Talk with him continually, God loves you always. Say a little prayer and all will be well. 🙏
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.