The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Dear Father in heaven, thank you for bringing me into your presence. Thank you for blessing me with your Holy Spirit, who helps me to pray and to live according to your will. I ask you, Lord, to bless me today while I worship at this sanctuary, giving me the blessedness of communing with you, and particularly as I take the cup of salvation and proclaim my union with Christ. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your blood and for your life. Thank you Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, One God now and forever, Amen..
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Sometimes we all may take things for granted and maybe say we are lucky. As Christians, Grace is our gift from God, not luck. Ask God to make us more aware of the little daily graces that come to us with sweet surprise from never dreamed of places.
Psalm 25:2 – In you I trust, O my God.
Today ask yourself, “What lesson can be learned from the experience of this day?”
Prayer + God’s word = power. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ for God’s blessings upon them. I have listed some names you can add to your daily prayers.
- Helen and Arden
- Sue and Ben
- Shawn and Rick
- Sue and Matt
Message of the month: “Be thankful for blessings all around.”
Many concerns, petitions, and praises are needed in the world we live in. Be thankful and pray continually. I have listed some you can add to your daily prayers.
Psalm 55:16-17 – 16 But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. 17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.
- Faith Reformed Church Sunday services, ministries, and consistory.
- Pastor Ricardo and Lilia.
- Unity in our and all churches.
- Spiritual growth, read the Holy Word daily.
- Adult and children bible studies.
- Sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Guidance from the Holy Spirit.
- Lost souls.
- Indigenous peoples, as they continue to remember the children who died.
- Our neighbours and community.
- Help for those in abusive relationships.
- Those suffering with mental disorders.
- Churches in our community and around the world.
- Persecuted Christians.
- Our nation and the economy.
- The elderly in our church and community.
- Family unity and prayer.
- The homeless.
- Missionary work.
- Resolve to world hunger. May children around the world be fed.
- The youth in Faith Reformed church.
- Boldness from the Holy Spirit to enable us to minister to those who don’t know the Lord.
- All creatures great and small as they prepare for winter.
- Thankfulness for the fall harvest and the farmers and migrant workers.
- Blessings on all medical workers for continued strength and courage during this difficult pandemic.
- Blessings on our own homes and families. Pray and read the Holy Word.
Scripture to meditate on: 2nd Corinthians 12:9 – “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Prayer for thankfulness
I love that hymn where it says, “count your blessings, see what God has done,” and Father, I do count the many blessings that come from You day by day. Please forgive me for the times when I taken for granted the many gifts and graces that come from You day by day. I could not draw another breath unless You give me the strength, and yet moment by moment, I am being kept in Your love and sustained by Your grace. Praise Your glorious name, for ever and ever. Amen 🙏
My prayer for all is to love one another as you love yourself. Be tolerant and compassionate as the Lord is with us. Remember God loves you always. Say a little prayer and all will be well. ❤️
I will continue this ministry after a couple of weeks or so. God bless and keep all well.
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.