The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Almighty God, everlasting Father, who has revealed yourself to us in Christ Jesus our Lord and saviour, I praise your name together with all creation. Prince of Peace, King of kings, good shepherd of our souls, I come to you in trust and in humility; I acknowledge my need for guidance and care; I thank you for your salvation, and for your unfailing love. Lord of Hosts, protect me and deliver me, I pray, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Our message for the month – A Bible falling apart often belongs to someone who isn’t.
Please keep in your prayers:
Scripture to meditate on:
Psalm57:1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
Psalm 56:3-4 – 3) When I am afraid, I will trust in you. 4) I God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
My prayer for all is to love one another, be patient and kind. God loves you all.
I pray we all love each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Here are some suggested prayer ideas.
- Pray for people dealing with illness.
- Prayer of praise for Jesus
- Pray for lost souls to come to God
- Prayer of thankfulness for the vaccines that have been made.
- Pray for the elderly of our community and their well being.
- Pray for all the lonely people.
- Pray for people dealing with depression or other mental disorders.
- Pray for the children in our community and around the world to be free from harm or evil.
- Pray for world hunger and needs to be met.
- Pray for past and newly elected U.S.A. president for Godly wisdom.
- Pray for our Canadian leaders for Godly wisdom.
- Pray for missionary workers and the good messages they bring around the world.
- Pray for the children’s bible study in Faith Reformed and the teachers for wisdom.
- Pray that new families may come to join Faith Reformed.
- Praise God for blessings on His people.
- Praise God for the Holy Spirit in us.
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.