The prayer ministry of Faith Reformed Church invites you to engage in a daily life of prayer. It is our desire to stir up the hearts of the people of our congregation and community to prayer and a richer walk with the Lord. The bible tells us that we should “.. pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:16) and “…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests … always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18) for “…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Pastor’s Prayer for this Week
Have mercy, Lord. Clear me from hidden and unconscious faults. Forgive me for the sins of omission. For I am very much aware that no one can discern completely one’s own lapses and errors. Have mercy, Lord, upon the people of our nation and of the whole world. Bring them conviction of their sins, repentance, and healing. Heal our country and our planet, God Almighty. Visit us with your surprising grace. Thank you for calling us in Christ into your Kingdom, and for the peace you give us that we are under your care, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, One God now and forever. Amen.
We have started a collection of Classic Prayers for you to meditate on. Please click here to access.
Remember our message for the month – “Seven days without prayer makes one weak”
Please include these names in your daily prayers this week:
- Jim and Sharon
- Ken and Marlene
The Lord’s word from the Bible:
2 Timothy 4:18 – The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.🙏
As well as praying for our brother and sisters, there is so much going on around us for which we should be praying! Here are a few suggestions for this week:
- Pray for all children who will be back in schools in September.
- Pray for lost souls in need of knowing our Lord.
- Pray the family of the late Leo Bearss.
- Pray for all who may have lost loved ones during this pandemic time.
- Pray for Faith Reformed and our congregation.
- Pray for all the elderly that may feel loneliness/isolation.
- Pray for world hunger and children in need.
- Pray for all the world leaders and local government.
- Pray for brotherly love and end to racism.
- Pray for our members who have passed during this time.
- Pray for safety for Pastor Gouvea, Lilia and their dogs as they have a holiday.
- Thankfulness that we live here in Canada with the abundance of blessings we have.
- Pray that families continue to read their bible and pray together.
- Pray for a vaccine for Covid 19.Pray for people suffering adversities in life eg: sickness, tragedy, life altering situations.
- Thankfulness for the love of God and our privlege to know him.
- Thankfulness for the beauty of Gods creations: birds, flowers, the sky, trees, and that we have eyes to see, ears to hear and voices to praise God.
Blessings abound us every day, be thankful.
Pastor Ricardo has started a Prayer Meeting on Saturday mornings, twice a month (every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month) from 10 to 11 am. All are invited to come for this time of quietness and voluntary communal prayers (nothing else but prayers). You may come for an hour or for 10 minutes, and you may arrive late or leave before it ends. It’s all fine. That’s the idea.
A Faith Church Prayer Chain is organized that prayer concerns may be brought before the Lord by the congregation as a whole. Prayer concerns may be given to Nancy (contact information in the Church Directory) for inclusion in the Prayer Chain.